Food Styling and Photography For Dummies
US $29.99 Add to Cart
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Press Release
- Author Information
Food Styling & Photography For Dummies®
Whether you're taking shots for a foodie blog, advertisements, packaging, menus, or cookbooks, Food Styling & Photography For Dummies® (Wiley, 978-1-1180-9719-9, March 2012) shows you how to take the next step in your passion for food and photography. This attractive, informative, and fun guide to the fundamentals of food styling provides information on the tools and techniques used by some of the most successful industry professionals.
Food Styling & Photography For Dummies provides you with the fundamentals of food styling and gives you the inside scoop on the tools and techniques used by some of the most successful industry professionals.
This straightforward guide:
- Shows you how to translate taste, aroma, and appeal through color, texture, and portion
- Making food look attractive and camera ready by using plating techniques, garnishes, sprays, and ingredient substitutions (like heavy cream for milk)
- Includes techniques such as extreme close-ups, selective focus, and unique angles to create dramatic effect
- Detailed coverage on lighting and composition
- Tips for choosing the proper equipment and mastering the use of camera settings, lenses, and post-production software
- Advice for creating a professional personality and getting your food photography business off the ground.
Whether you're an amateur or professional food photographer, Food Styling & Photography For Dummies is a fun and informative guide to photographing and arranging culinary subject matter.