Social Security For Dummies
US $19.99 Add to Cart
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Press Release
- Author Information
AARP’s Social Security For Dummies® Security System
Social Security protects almost every American family, covering more than nine in 10 workers (157 million). Retirees, workers with disabilities, survivors and family members of all ages receive benefits, and for many millions of people, Social Security is the foundation of financial well-being in retirement. Yet for all its importance, the program can be a complicated maze. People wonder whether they’re eligible, how much of a benefit they may receive, when they should start collecting and whether Social Security will be there when they need it.
For people who want the answers, AARP presents Social Security For Dummies® (Wiley, 978-1-118-20573-0, April 2012), giving readers the nuts and bolts of this far-reaching program in language that’s easy to understand. The book explains the benefits you and your family might qualify for, how to apply, rules you should know, how Social Security fits into your retirement plans, and much more useful information. The book also offers considerations about the future of Social Security, leaving it up to readers to make up their own minds.
AARP's Social Security For Dummies answers these questions and more:
- When should you claim retirement benefits?
- What strategies can married couples use to get the most?
- Can your spouse collect benefits based on your work record?
- How does Social Security define disability?
- How do you challenge a decision by the Social Security Administration?
- How does continued working affect retirement benefits?
- Will Social Security be there for you?