Contented Cows Still Give Better Milk, Revised and Expanded: The Plain Truth about Employee Engagement and Your Bottom Line
US $24.95 Add to Cart
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
More Press Releases in:
Productivity Comes From People, Not Machines
It's no coincidence that the same companies show up every year at the top of esteemed publications' rankings for "Most Admired," "Most Innovative," "Fastest Growing," and "Highest Shareholder Return." One thing that many of the persistent winners share in common is a host of leadership habits that make these organizations great places to work, proving that managers can learn a lot from the dairy farmer's rule of thumb: "Contented cows give better milk."
In this revised and expanded edition of a book that makes the case that treating people right is one of the best things any business can do for its bottom line, Contented Cows STILL Give Better Milk offers sound, practical advice for improving business outcomes through a focused, engaged, capably led workforce. It offers updated case studies and inspiring examples from organizations that make employee engagement a vital part of their business strategy including Apple, Google, Amazon.com, Coca-Cola, IBM, Federal Express, Berkshire Hathaway, and Southwest Airlines.
- How (and why) to communicate, through word and deed, exactly what your company is all about
- How to hire and retain people with the capacity to be happy, productive, and successful at your organization
- Ways to keep those employees committed to the mission and prevent distractions that sap their energy and enthusiasm
- Why perks, benefits, and amenities don't tell the whole story of what makes a great workplace
- Why high expectations beget high performance
Direct from the horse's, er, cow's mouth, Contented Cows offers the tools and wisdom to foster a fully engaged workforce to outgrow, outearn, and outperform the competition.