- Press Release
To support Apple’s announcement of the release of their latest operating system, OS X Mountain Lion, John Wiley and Sons, Inc. is bringing to market a series of new instructional books covering the topic for every level of user. Seven titles are publishing from Wiley on the topic of OS X Mountain Lion including:
- OS X Mountain Lion For Dummies (ISBN: 978-1-1183-9418-2, August 2012) by Bob LeVitus
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY OS X Mountain Lion (ISBN: 9781118401408, August 2012) by Paul McFedries
- OS X Mountain Lion Bible (ISBN: 978-1-1184-0143-9, September 2012) by Galen Gruman
- OS X Mountain Lion Portable Genius (ISBN: 978-1-1184-0142-2, September 2012) by Dwight Spivey
- OS X Mountain Lion All-in-One For Dummies (ISBN: 978-1-1183-9416-8, September 2012) by Mark L. Chambers
- OS X Mountain Lion Server For Dummies (ISBN: 978-1-1184-0829-2, September 2012) by John Rizzo
- OS X Mountain Lion Simplified (ISBN: 978-1-1184-0141-5, October 2012) by Paul McFedries
“With over 200 new features in OS X Mountain Lion, users will be able to quickly gain knowledge on everything the new operating software has to offer through Wiley’s latest books,” said Bob “Dr. Mac” LeVitus, author of OS X Mountain Lion For Dummies, “From For Dummies guides to the OS X Mountain Lion Bible, Wiley is one of the first publishers to market with their extensive list of books on Mountain Lion, offering something for every level of end user.”
Wiley’s new OS X Mountain Lion books will be available for purchase online and at retailers nationwide in both print and all e-book formats. For additional information, visit http://lp.wileypub.com/osxmountainlion/.
Apple's new Mac OS X Mountain Lion is impressive, with features and functions that will be familiar to Mac users from their iPhones and iPads. Make sure you get the most out of your new big cat with this practical guide. Using step-by-step instructions and full-color screenshots or illustrations on virtually every page-the hallmark of the practical Teach Yourself VISUALLY series-this book clearly shows you how to accomplish tasks, rather than burying you with paragraphs of text.
The 800+ pages in this value-packed guide cover everything you need to know to get the most out of OS X Mountain Lion. Eight minibooks are packed with detailed information covering essential topics such as OS X basics, customizing and sharing, creating digital hubs, using iWork, networking, advanced functions, and more.
There's no doubt about it: Macs, iPhones, and iPads have invaded the workplace. But, you don't need an IT department to administer a Mac network in your home or business. This friendly guide explains everything you need to know to set one up yourself using OS X Mountain Lion Server.