Personalizing 21st Century Education: A Framework for Student Success
March 2016, Jossey-Bass
US $29.95 Add to Cart
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Press Release
- Author Information
Wiley Announces Personalizing 21st Century Education
Personalizing 21st Century Education: A Framework for Student Success (Jossey-Bass, an imprint of Wiley; Available March 2016; ISBN: 978-1-119-08077-0; $29.95, Paper) begins with a manifesto for change, emphasizing the significance of true personalization for every learner. Next, it describes classroom, school, and system-level performance indicators that suggest that personalization is alive and well. The authors examine the historical origins of most modern school cultures—i.e., a commitment to standardization, depersonalization, and test-driven metrics that ignore the complexity and totality of the whole child. Throughout Personalizing 21st Century Education are success stories showcasing schools and districts that are currently “beating the odds” and providing a truly personalized learning environment for their students.
In Personalizing 21st Century Education, the authors outline key components of a personalized learning system, including:
- state-of-the-art curriculum
- balanced and authentic assessment
- integrated and student-focused technology
- rigorous and engaging instruction
- personalized approaches to learning
- addressing the needs of diverse student populations, including English Language Learners, special needs students, socio-economically disadvantaged, and transient/highly mobile learners
- effective and sustained social and psychological services
- active parent and community involvement
- creative and productive cross-institutional partnerships
For leaders, teachers, and other stakeholders, Personalizing 21st Century Education presents a vision for an individualized educational system that transcends current factory models and prepares students to be competitive in tomorrow’s global economy.
Personalizing 21st Century Education is now available for purchase online and at retailers nationwide in both print and all e-book formats. For a full list of retailers, visit www.wiley.com/buy/9781119080770