Comprehensive Organic Name Reactions and Reagents, 3 Volume Set
US $680.00 Add to Cart
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
More Press Releases in:
- Press Release
- Additional Material
Wiley Launches Comprehensive Organic Name Reactions and Reagents
This three volume set is the most comprehensive resource available for students and bench chemists navigating the ever-growing group of named reactions and reagents. It is the most up-to-date major reference work of its kind.
Organic chemistry contains a number of reactions and reagents that have been named due to their wide-spread usability in chemistry. Students and professional chemists require knowledge of these named reactions and reagents. Additionally, a comprehensive understanding of the mechanism enables the chemist to explain diverse chemical phenomena in terms of several basic principles.
The 701 reactions make this a key resource for chemists. It contains detailed reaction schemes and mechanism illustrations for each listing, information on the application of each named reaction, as well as details on experimental procedures and related reactions.
It offers students and professional chemists a valuable resource for conducting experiments and performing a broad range of applications, from pharmaceuticals to plastics to pesticides. Each reaction listing is clearly organized into uniform sections that allow readers to quickly gather the information they need to conduct their own experimental procedures.
In addition to the main list of 701 name reactions and reagents, Comprehensive Organic Name Reactions and Reagents offers several additional features that help readers gather information quickly and conduct their experiments successfully, including:
- Chemical abbreviations, names, structures and page references
- Schematic reaction index with quick overviews of each reaction
- Journal abbreviations with more than 1,300 cited journals and key information for each title
- Reaction summaries with basic information about name reactions, the author(s) who discovered the reaction and literature citations
- Categorization/organization of all related name reactions according to type of transformation (oxidation, reduction, synthesis of alkenes, etc.)
- Subject index enabling readers to quickly find relevant subjects