Teach Yourself VISUALLY iPhoto '09
- Press Release
Visual book wins Technical Award
Hoboken, NJ (March 17, 2010) – Teach Yourself Visually iPhoto ’09 was given an Excellence Award in The Society for Technical Communication Florida Technical Communication Competition’s 2009 Publishing category. The book is authored by Lonzell Watson and Published by Visual, an imprint of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The book is a step-by-step visual guide on how to enhance your photos, create photo books and greeting cards, organize your photo library, and even create Web galleries. You'll learn to retrieve photos from your iPhone, camera, or card reader; retouch scans of old photos; add special effects; print your pictures; and more with iPhoto.
- Written by an expert videographer and digital video specialist whose experience includes national commercials, news and TV shows, and sports videography
- Designed for visual learners, with full-color illustrations showing how to accomplish each task
- Shows you how to navigate the iPhoto interface, set preferences, and import photos from cell phones, digital cameras, card readers, or scanners
- Demonstrates how to retouch photos, fix amateur mistakes, enhance photos with effects, and create slideshows, photo books, calendars, and greeting cards
- Covers creating online galleries, e-mailing photos, burning DVDs, and making prints
If you prefer instructions that show you how rather than tell you why, Teach Yourself VISUALLY iPhoto is the easiest way to make the most of iPhoto.
Tech Yourself Visually iPhoto ‘09
Visual, an imprint of Wiley.; Paperback; $29.99; 288 Pages
Available Now; ISBN 978-0-470-48193-6
About the Author
Lonzell Watson (Orlando, FL) is an Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Professional and Certified Avid Express Pro user. He began his career as a videographer and digital video specialist for the web; he then used this experience to become a writer, director, and producer. His work includes national commercials and television programs for PBS, Fox Sports, the Outdoor Channel, and C-SPAN, and video editing for pop superstar Mariah Carey. As well as being an experienced extreme sports videographer, wildlife and news videographer, Lonzell's talents have also served him well as a syndicated writer with hundreds of published tutorials, and tips that relate to film and video production. His courseware is used to teach media entities within NASA, CIA, FBI and all branches of the military.
Combining clear, step-by-step screen shots with minimal text, Visual guides are the ultimate resource for visual learners, who represent up to forty percent of the world's population. Written by top experts, the Visual guides are perfect for everyone who wants to avoid long-winded explanations and jump right into a new skill or hobby. Visual guides teach a wide range of topics—everything from computer graphics to guitar playing to knitting to dog training to mastering software to practicing yoga. For more information, visit wiley.com. Visual is an imprint of Wiley. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.