Home Winemaking For Dummies
US $19.99 Add to Cart
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Go from wine lover to vintner with Home Winemaking For Dummies
Home winemaking is a fun, rewarding, and relatively inexpensive hobby enjoyed by approximately 1 million people in North America. While some may think that good wine only comes from the store or a picturesque vineyard, people have actually been making their own wine for thousands of years.
In Home Winemaking For Dummies (Wiley; November 2010; Paper), author and award-winning amateur winemaker Tim Patterson shows how it’s possible for anyone to create great wine. From choosing the right grapes, equipment and properly aging and bottling your wine, to using more advanced tips and techniques as you gain experience, Patterson guides wine lovers through each step of the winemaking process.
Offering a variety of techniques suited to making different types of wine, a glossary of need-to-know terms, and lists of resources to obtain grapes, equipment, and supplies, Home Winemaking For Dummies is the ultimate guide for both novices and more experienced home winemakers.
Tim Patterson is available for interviews and can speak about:
- The four laws of home winemaking;
- Choosing the right grapes for the type of wine you want;
- Matching winemaking techniques to particular grapes and wine styles;
- How to cut costs without sacrificing the quality;
- “Brix”, “racking”, “fining” and other essential terms in “wine-speak”;
- When good grapes go bad – what to do if your grapes are moldy, under ripe, overripe, etc.;
- Common mistakes most winemakers make at least once.