About the Book
Wayne Gisslen's Professional Cooking and Professional Baking textbooks have educated hundreds of thousands of stu-dents and professional chefs. In this fully revised and updated version of Professional Baking, he offers complete step-by-step instruction in the art of making delicious bakery-and restaurant-quality pastries, cakes, desserts, and artisan breads. He also provides more than 700 recipes developed to help readers learn, then polish, their baking and pastry skills. Gisslen brings the chef's arts to life with vivid full-color photographs and recipes sized for both small and large quantities in the professional kitchen. Professional Baking also features procedures and techniques from the prizewinning chefs of the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu cooking school, along with 175 of their most delectable recipes. Presenting professional tech-niques, recipes, ideas, and inspiration from renowned chef educators, Gisslen's Professional Baking is the essential kitchen tool for those who want to take their baking and pastry skills to the next level.
New to This Edition:
- 75 new recipes
- 150 new photographs illustrating more procedures, raw ingredients, and plated dishes and 50 new illustrations
- New chapter on Artisan breads (chapter 4)
- New chapter on Baking and Pastry Equipment (chapter 2)
- Entirely revised Dessert Presentation chapter (chapter 21)
- Accompanying CD-ROM packed with all of the recipes from the text and containing professional-level functionality.
- Superb photographs and design-500 inspiring color photographs of techniques, ingredients, and finished dishes, and a fresh, easy-to-follow format.