Wiley’s Professional Development business produces nonfiction books in all media for the professional, business, and general interest consumer markets. Our primary fields of interest are business, technology, architecture, culinary, psychology, education, travel, health, religion, consumer reference, and general interest.
The Professional Development business also includes the following Wiley brands: For Dummies, Jossey-Bass, Bloomberg Press, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Better Homes and Gardens, Webster’s New World, Sybex, WROX, Pfeiffer, CliffsNotes, Visual, Howell Book House, Fisher Investments Press, J.K. Lasser, Capstone, and Wrightbooks.
To pursue a project idea, send your curriculum vitae and a proposal including:
- The proposed title and a description of the topic or product
- An explanation of why the product is needed by the marketplace
- The intended primary market and secondary markets
- A profile of the typical reader / user
- A description of why the topic is important, and/or any problems the product can help solve
- A review of competitive works and how the proposed product differs
- The table of contents (if available)
- A partial or complete manuscript
- Reviews of the author's previous works
Mail proposals and manuscripts to:
In the U.S. & Canada:
John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
111 River Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030-5774
In Europe, the Middle East, and Africa:
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Professional Development Division
John Wiley & Sons, Singapore Pte. Ltd.
1 Fusionopolis Walk
#07-01 Solaris South Tower
For Dummies Series Proposals
It is Wiley's policy not to accept unsolicited proposals for books in the For Dummies series (except in Australia). You may send us a copy of your credentials for our files or contact a literary agent to submit a proposal on your behalf. Please be aware that John Wiley & Sons, Inc., retains the right to publish a book, at any time, on any topic.
Jossey-Bass and Pfeiffer Proposals
See the submission guidelines for Jossey-Bass and Pfeiffer if you’re interested in writing professional books or training materials in business and management, leadership, human resource development, education, health, psychology, religion, consulting, career development, or the public and nonprofit sectors.
Wiley and Capstone Proposals
If you have an idea for a book on Business, Management or Personal Development, please look at our new book proposal document and send your submission to one of the addresses above. For Capstone proposals take a look at our Capstone Submission Guidelines
- Video Permissions Forms
- Wiley Affiliate Program (available in the U.S. only)
- Library Recommendation Form
- Wiley Author’s Guide to Online Marketing and Publicity
- To Our Authors: A Wiley publication with news about, of interest to, and affecting Wiley authors