If you are a bookseller and need to return all or part of an order, please note the following:
1. Returns for credit must be accompanied by invoice or invoice information (invoice number, date, and purchase price). Books must be in saleable condition.
2. Out-of-print titles are not accepted 180 days after publisher's Out-of-Print Notification.
3. No returns will be accepted for credit from any customer who has not purchased books directly from Wiley.
The address for returns is:John Wiley & Sons Return
10650 Toebben Drive
Independence, KY 41051
For further information, please contact:
Wiley Customer CareTelephone: (317) 572-3987 or (800) 225-5945 (toll free)Fax: (317) 572-4002
Global Education Exceptions
All over stock returns will continue to be received by the John Wiley Returns Center at the address below:
John Wiley & Sons Returns
10650 Toebben Drive
Independence, KY 41051
Effective November 1, Wiley is amending its returns policy and process as noted below. Following the policy document is the template that we are requesting Education customers to use as part of the returns process that is outlined.
This returns policy is applicable to all customers in the U. S. Education market outlet placing orders with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
This policy is effective as of November 1, 2017.
1. Customers must contact Wiley to request Return Materials Authorization (“RMA”) before sending a return shipment to Wiley. Customers shall not receive any credits for returns shipped without a fully completed RMA.
2. To obtain an RMA, customers should contact Wiley Customer Service at 1-800-225-5945 or email@example.com with the invoice number, title information, ISBN and quantity of the product(s) they are requesting to return.
3. Customers should also include their chargeback # or reference # with each RMA request.
4. Wiley will generate an RMA and return label (if applicable) for products it accepts for return and email it to customers. All authorized returns must be accompanied by the RMA.
5. Authorized returns that arrive in resalable condition (as determined by Wiley at its sole discretion) shall be credited to customers at the net unit price set out in the RMA.
6. For return requests of 10 or more ISBNs, customers should complete the RMA template, which can be located online at www.wiley.com/go/returns.
Returns Eligibility Threshold
1. Customers may return purchases made up to 12 months from the shipment date, unless an alternative date has been agreed to in advance.
2. Eligibility is set at the “ship to” address/customer level.
Condition of Returned Product
1. Wiley reserves the right to deny credit for any products that are returned in an unsatisfactory condition, e.g., damaged, stickered or marked.
2. Sets/bundles must be in original shrink wrap. Individual components from a set/ bundle will not be accepted as returns.
Returns Not Eligible for Credit
1. Credit will not be issued for any returns that meet any of the following criteria:
- Returns received without prior authorization.
- Sales which were made on a non-returnable basis.
- Products that have been out of print for 180 days or more.
- Products purchased from any entity other than John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Any non-Wiley products.
- Any product not in resalable condition.
Please Note: Wiley will not return product to customers which have been shipped to Wiley in violation of this policy.
1. Exceptions may be granted for the following reasons, as long as Wiley is notified of the return within 30 days after customer’s receipt of product:
- Over-shipment by Wiley.
- Receipt of the wrong product from Wiley.
- Damaged product received from Wiley.
2. Any exceptions to this policy must be pre-approved by Wiley Customer Service. Wiley Customer Service reserves the right to decline any requests.
3. Pre-existing contracts that specify different terms shall take precedence over this policy.
4. Products which are subject to these exceptions must be returned separately from all other returns.
Instructions for returning
1. Customers shall obtain 1 RMA per shipment.
2. RMA must be affixed to the outside of each carton for a given shipment.
3. Goods must be packed securely to ensure safe arrival. Wiley reserves the right to refuse unsafe deliveries.
4. Returns remain the customer's property and responsibility until receipted in Wiley’s warehouse. Customers are liable for any shortages or damages during transit.
1. Returns are made at customer's expense with the exception of returns of damaged products, wrong products, or over-shipments noted above for which Wiley Customer Service shall supply collect freight information.
Please visit www.wiley.com/go/returns for additional information related to these policies. Should you have further questions, please contact Wiley Customer Service at 1-800-225-5945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Return Template: