Wiley Series in Communications Networking & Distributed Systems
The 'Wiley Series in Communications Networking & Distributed Systems' is a series of expert-level, technically detailed books covering cutting-edge research, and brand new developments as well as tutorial-style treatments in networking, middleware and software technologies for communications and distributed systems. The books will provide timely and reliable information about the state-of-the-art to researchers, advanced students and development engineers in the Telecommunications and the Computing sectors.
Topics of interest include, but are by no means restricted to the following:
- Middleware for communications
- Self-organizing networks
- Security and resilience
- Disruption tolerant networks
- Network and systems management
- Wireless, mobile and sensor networks
- Ubiquitous / wearable / pervasive computing
- Context-aware networking
- Switching/routing (optical, GMPLS)
- CDN, ICN and Overlay
- SDN (Software Defined Networks) and network programming
- Data Center and cloud networking
- Network measurement and mining
If you have an idea for a new book that seems relevant to the series but is not listed, please feel free to contact the series editor or any of the advisers for their feedback.
Or, you may download the proposal form.
Wiley Series in Communications Networking & Distributed Systems (25)
The first part of the book begins with a detailed analysis of SNMP; it highlights its strengths and Read More
* Focuses on two very hot topics: ad-hoc wireless networking and security
* Covers security issues for well-established and widely used technologies such as GSM, Bluetooth, and IP
* Presents a framework to make sense of the many and varied issues at stake, a taxonomy of the major problems and in-depth discussion of some Read More
Secure Communications confronts the practicalities of implementing the ideals of the security policy makers. Based on 15 years experience, the author addresses the key problems faced by security managers, starting from network conception, initial setting up and the maintenance of network security by key management. Many different types of communications Read More
What links today's hottest programming language to telecommunications? The same characteristics that brought about Java's remarkable success on the Internet: its platform independence and mobility.
Recent developments such as JAIN (Java APIs for Integrated Networks), JAIN Parlay and the Java Telephony API equip Java for the next generation of telecommunications Read More