About the Book
Wayne Gisslen's Professional Cooking and Professional Baking textbooks have educated hundreds of thousands of students and professional chefs. This new 5th edition of Professional Baking continues to provide comprehensive coverage of the basics—bread making and cake mixing—and provides enhanced coverage of higher level techniques—pastry, chocolate, sugar work. The formulas were developed to help you learn, then polish, your baking and pastry skills. This new edition also features a new software package through which you can create your own formulas and modify those in the text. Presenting professional techniques, formulas, ideas, and inspiration from renowned chef educators, Gisslen's Professional Baking is the essential kitchen tool for those who want to take their baking and pastry skills to the next level. Explore this website to discover additional baking and pastry resources to enhance your experience in the classroom or the professional kitchen.
New to this Edition:
- New chapter on Baking for Special Diets, including low-fat, low-sugar, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets.
- This edition is packaged with new laminated method cards featuring step-by-step instructions of the key methods used in creating yeast doughs, quick breads, cakes and cookies.
- Close to 900 formulas – 24 are completely new to this edition and dozens more have been revised and improved.
- Includes new sidebars explaining the history and cultural background of various bakery products, as well as details concerning specialty equipment, ingredients, nutrition, and other topics of interest.
- More than 100 new photographs of finished dishes, techniques and product identification.
- New recipe and formula management software package, Wiley CulinarE-Companion™, features user-friendly navigation, flexibility, and robust content.