Wiley is committed to fostering a work environment in which all colleagues are valued and can enjoy professional success. We offer equal employment opportunity, development, and advancement for all qualified individuals and are committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce that will allow us to compete effectively in a global marketplace.
While there are certain challenges that come with having offices in 20 countries around the world, Wiley benefits from the diversity these global locations bring. We try not only to respect the cultures of our different offices but also to incorporate the unique character of each into our day-to-day work.
We take many steps to ensure we continue to attract and retain qualified and diverse individuals at all levels of our organization. Specifically, we:
- Post opportunities for entry-, professional-, and managerial-level positions on a variety of Web sites;
- Work with professional organizations to broaden our reach and attract a wider, more experienced, and more diverse pool of candidates;
- Participate in the industry association’s diversity committees and post positions on Web sites such as the Association of American Publishers’ Bookjobs.com to foster interest in publishing careers;
- Participate in a human resources best practices initiative with Singapore's Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices, as well as the Australian government's "Employer of Choice for Women" program;
- Participate in college and university diversity career fairs and post jobs on career services Web sites;
- Hire students for summer and school-year internships, which give them an advantage when being considered for opportunities following graduation; and
- Support university publishing programs, provide speakers for classes and seminars, and hire students from such programs to participate in internships throughout the year.