Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics series
Dietary recommendations need to be based on solid evidence, but where can you find this information? The British Dietetic Association and the publishers of the Manual of Dietetic Practice present an essential and authoritative reference series on the evidence base relating to advanced aspects of nutrition and diet in selected clinical specialties. Each book provides a comprehensive and critical review of key literature in its subject.
Each covers established areas of understanding, current controversies and areas of future development and investigation, and is oriented around six key themes:
- Disease processes, including metabolism, physiology, and genetics.
- Disease consequences, including morbidity, mortality, nutritional epidemiology and patient perspectives.
- Nutritional consequences of diseases.
- Nutritional assessment, drawing on anthropometric, biochemical, clinical, dietary, economic and social approaches.
- Clinical investigation and management.
- Nutritional and dietary management.
Trustworthy, international in scope, and accessible, Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics is a vital resource for a range of practitioners, researchers and educators in nutrition and dietetics, including dietitians, nutritionists, doctors and specialist nurses.