Just Enough AutoCAD 2007
In this newest edition of his indispensable book, bestselling AutoCAD author and expert George Omura offers a practical and comprehensive guide to help you easily and efficiently learn the basics of AutoCAD. His straightforward explanations and task-based approach--thoroughly updated for AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD LT 2007--make this practical book more valuable than ever.
Whether you're new to AutoCAD or just looking for a quick refresher, you'll find the authoritative instruction you need. Become familiar with all the drafting tools of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT and learn how to:
* Master the basics of drawing and editing in AutoCAD
* Create 3D models and use the new modeling tools
* Add and edit notes and dimensions
* Understand the fundamentals of 2D drawing
* Get organized with layers, blocks, groups, and external references
* Find areas and distances quickly
* Extract hidden data
* Set up AutoCAD to work with your printer
Chapter 1: Getting Familiar with AutoCAD.
Chapter 2: Understanding the Drafting Tools.
Chapter 3: Drawing 2D Objects.
Chapter 4: Editing AutoCAD Objects.
Chapter 5: Editing with the Modify Toolbar.
Chapter 6: Creating 3D Drawings.
Chapter 7: Getting Organized with Layers.
Chapter 8: Blocks, Groups, Xrefs, and DesignCenter.
Chapter 9: Creating Text.
Chapter 10: Using Dimensions.
Chapter 11: Gathering Information.
Chapter 12: Laying Out and Printing Your Drawing.