The Biology and Treatment of Cancer: Understanding Cancer
January 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
- Offers a broad audience a concise presentation of the most up-to-date knowledge about the biology and treatment of cancer
- Full coverage of cancer prevention and control
- Clear, thorough discussion of current and possible future therapies
- Edited by two of the most eminent and widely recognized scholars of cancer research and therapeutics in the world, with contributions from top researchers and clinicians from across North America
Part I: Introduction.
1. What Goes Wrong In Cancer (Arthur B. Pardee, Gary S. Stein, and Elizabeth A. Bronstein).
Part II: Clinical Perspective.
2. Cancer As a Disease: Types of Tumors, Their Frequencies, and Their Progression (Kenneth J. Pienta).
3. Environmental, Genetic, and Viral Causes of Cancer (Rami I. Aqeilan, Nicola Zanesi, and Carlo M. Croce).
4. Diagnosis and Treatment of Malignant Diseases (F. Marc Stewart and Jessica A. Stewart).
5. Clinical Challenges For Treatment and a Cure (Alan Rosmarin).
Part III: Cancer Biology.
6. Understanding the Biology of Cancer (Laura A. Lambert, Donald H. Lambert, and Khandan Keyomarski).
7. Mutations and Cell Defenses (Otto S. Gildemeister, Jay M. Sage, and Kendall L. Knight).
Part IV: Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment.
8. Cancer Detection and Biomarkers (Arthur B. Pardee and Peng Liang).
9. Clinical Challenges For Treatment and a Cure (Eleni Efstathiou and Christopher J. Logothetis).
10. Clinical Trials in Oncology (Konstantin H. Dragnev and Mark A. Israel).
11. The Development of Drugs: Current Concepts and Issues (Barry S. Komm and Christopher P. Miller).
12. A New Generation of Drugs in Cancer Treatment: Molecularly Targeted Therapies (Thomas O'Hare, Christopher A. Eide, and Michael W. Deininger).
13. Epidemiology: Identifying Cancer's Causes (James R. Hebert).
14. Consumer Health Information (David Shepro and Catherine N. Norton).
"This book is extremely well written and provides an excellent resource for healthcare providers tasked with educating patients and families about cancer and its treatment." (Doody's Reviews, March 2009)
The Biology and Treatment of Cancer: Understanding Cancer (US $88.95)
-and- TNM Classification of Malignant Tumours, 7th Edition (US $59.99)
Total List Price: US $148.94
Discounted Price: US $111.70 (Save: US $37.24)