Quantum Wells, Wires and Dots: Theoretical and Computational Physics of Semiconductor Nanostructures, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Quantum Wells, Wires and Dots Second Edition: Theoretical and Computational Physics of Semiconductor Nanostructures provides all the essential information, both theoretical and computational, for complete beginners to develop an understanding of how the electronic, optical and transport properties of quantum wells, wires and dots are calculated. Readers are lead through a series of simple theoretical and computational examples giving solid foundations from which they will gain the confidence to initiate theoretical investigations or explanations of their own.
- Emphasis on combining the analysis and interpretation of experimental data with the development of theoretical ideas
- Complementary to the more standard texts
- Aimed at the physics community at large, rather than just the low-dimensional semiconductor expert
- The text present solutions for a large number of real situations
- Presented in a lucid style with easy to follow steps related to accompanying illustrative examples