Robust Statistics: Theory and Methods
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Robust Statistics sets out to explain the use of robust methods and their theoretical justification. It provides an up-to-date overview of the theory and practical application of the robust statistical methods in regression, multivariate analysis, generalized linear models and time series. This unique book:
- Enables the reader to select and use the most appropriate robust method for their particular statistical model.
- Features computational algorithms for the core methods.
- Covers regression methods for data mining applications.
- Includes examples with real data and applications using the S-Plus robust statistics library.
- Describes the theoretical and operational aspects of robust methods separately, so the reader can choose to focus on one or the other.
- Supported by a supplementary website featuring time-limited S-Plus download, along with datasets and S-Plus code to allow the reader to reproduce the examples given in the book.
Robust Statistics aims to stimulate the use of robust methods as a powerful tool to increase the reliability and accuracy of statistical modelling and data analysis. It is ideal for researchers, practitioners and graduate students of statistics, electrical, chemical and biochemical engineering, and computer vision. There is also much to benefit researchers from other sciences, such as biotechnology, who need to use robust statistical methods in their work.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Robust Statistics: Theory and Methods (US $115.00)
-and- Linear Statistical Inference and its Applications, 2nd Edition (US $159.00)
Total List Price: US $274.00
Discounted Price: US $205.50 (Save: US $68.50)