Pharmaceutical Biotechnology: Concepts and Applications
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology offers students taking Pharmacy and related Medical and Pharmaceutical courses a comprehensive introduction to the fast-moving area of biopharmaceuticals. With a particular focus on the subject taken from a pharmaceutical perspective, initial chapters offer a broad introduction to protein science and recombinant DNA technology- key areas that underpin the whole subject. Subsequent chapters focus upon the development, production and analysis of these substances. Finally the book moves on to explore the science, biotechnology and medical applications of specific biotech products categories. These include not only protein-based substances but also nucleic acid and cell-based products.
- introduces essential principles underlining modern biotechnology- recombinant DNA technology and protein science
- an invaluable introduction to this fast-moving subject aimed specifically at pharmacy and medical students
- includes specific ‘product category chapters’ focusing on the pharmaceutical, medical and therapeutic properties of numerous biopharmaceutical products.
- entire chapter devoted to the principles of genetic engineering and how these drugs are developed.
- includes numerous relevant case studies to enhance student understanding
- no prior knowledge of protein structure is assumed