The Competitive Internet Service Provider: Network Architecture, Interconnection, Traffic Engineering and Network Design
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Oliver Heckmann approaches the issue from a system point of view, looking not only at running a network, but also at connecting the network with peering and transit partners or planning the expansion of the network.
The Competitive Internet Service Provider:
- Offers an advanced reference on the topic, drawing on state-of-the art research in network technology.
- Clearly defines the criteria enabling ISPs to operate with the greatest efficiency and deliver adequate Quality of Service.
- Discusses the implications of the future multiservice Internet and multimedia applications such as Voice over IP, peer-to-peer, or network games.
- Delivers a comparative evaluation of different feasible Quality of Service approaches.
- Explores scientific methods such as queuing theory, network calculus, and optimization theory.
- Illustrates concepts throughout with mathematical models and simulations.
This invaluable reference will provide academic and industrial researchers in the field of network and communications technology, graduate students on telecommunications courses, as well as ISP managers, engineers and technicians, equipment manufacturers and consultants, with an understanding of the concepts and issues involved in running a successful ISP.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Competitive Internet Service Provider: Network Architecture, Interconnection, Traffic Engineering and Network Design (US $145.00)
-and- Network Congestion Control: Managing Internet Traffic (US $135.00)
Total List Price: US $280.00
Discounted Price: US $210.00 (Save: US $70.00)