You Can Program in C++: A Programmer's Introduction
- This unique, hands-on approach to learning C++ makes the experience fun and interesting by offering the opportunity for readers to get started on real coding
- Features numerous examples and project ideas as well as GUI and audio extensions so readers can get instant feedback - in addition to instant gratification from producing a program that works
- Written by one of the world's leading authorities on C and C++, the book includes invaluable reference sections at the end of each chapter
- Discusses modern C++ idioms, which are often neglected in other publications
1. Getting Started.
2. Fundamental Types, Operators and Simple Variables.
3. Looping and Making Decisions.
4. Namespaces & the C++ Standard Library.
5. Writing Functions in C++.
6. Behaviour, Sequence Points & Order of Evaluation.
7. Generic Functions.
8. User Defined Types, Part 1: typedef and enum.
9. User Defined Types, Part 2: Simple classes (value types).
10. User Defined Types, Part 3: Simple classes (homogeneous entity types).
11. Pointers, Smart Pointers, Iterators & Dynamic Instances.
12. User Defined Types, Part 4: Class Hierarchies, Polymorphism, Inheritance and Subtypes.
13. Dynamic Object Creation and Polymorphic Objects.
14. Streams, Files & Persistence.
16. Overloading Operators & Conversion Operators.
17. Containers, Iterators and Algorithms.
18. Something Old, Something New.
Appendix A: Those Who Went Before.
Active-Learning Approach: Learning C++ can be dry. To liven the learning experience, Glassborow adopts an active-learning approach, inviting students to get coding for real. Tons of examples and project ideas are provided to enthuse students. GUI and audio extensions help those students who need instant feedback and gratification from producing a program that works.
- Unique pedagogy inspires hands-on learning.
- Expert Author: in the modern C++ language details and is a high profile character in the community
- Interactive and fun, the learning experience is enhanced by instant feedback and gratification
- Reference sections follow the end of every chapter.
You Can Program in C++: A Programmer's Introduction (US $50.00)
Total List Price: US $94.99
Discounted Price: US $71.24 (Save: US $23.75)