Statistical Analysis and Modelling of Spatial Point Patterns
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Numerous aspects of the nature of a specific spatial point pattern may be described using the appropriate statistical methods. Statistical Analysis and Modelling of Spatial Point Patterns provides a practical guide to the use of these specialised methods. The application-oriented approach helps demonstrate the benefits of this increasingly popular branch of statistics to a broad audience.
- Provides an introduction to spatial point patterns for researchers across numerous areas of application
- Adopts an extremely accessible style, allowing the non-statistician complete understanding
- Describes the process of extracting knowledge from the data, emphasising the marked point process
- Demonstrates the analysis of complex datasets, using applied examples from areas including biology, forestry, and materials science
- Features a supplementary website containing example datasets.
Statistical Analysis and Modelling of Spatial Point Patterns is ideally suited for researchers in the many areas of application, including environmental statistics, ecology, physics, materials science, geostatistics, and biology. It is also suitable for students of statistics, mathematics, computer science, biology and geoinformatics.