Governing the Corporation: Regulation and Corporate Governance in an Age of Scandal and Global Markets
Divided into three sections, the book first examines changes to the regulation of markets and assesses the global implications of the export of Sarbanes-Oxley for financial sector governance. The second section examines the challenges facing the professions with critical analysis from leading lawyers and accountants. The final section calculates the effectiveness of state and self-regulatory policy and posits the importance of institutionalising an ethical framework tied to incentives. Each section of the book features contributions from regulators, practitioners and academics from a range of disciplines, including finance, political science, criminology, law and philosophy.
1. Governing the Corporation: Corporate Governance and Regulation in Global Markets (Justin O’Brien).
2. Restoring Trust after Recent Accountability Failures (David M. Walker).
3. Accountability in the Age of Global Markets (William J. McDonough).
4. European Responses to Corporate Governance Challenges (Alexander A. Schaub).
5. Economic Globalisation and National Corporate Governance Reform (Dermont McCann).
6. From Workers to Global Politics: How The Way We Work Provide Answers to Corporate Governance Questions (Irene Lynch-Fannon).
7. Multi-Lateral Regulatory Initiatives—A Legitimation-based Approach (George Gilligan).
8. Corporate Social Responsibility as Regulation: The Argument from Democracy (Lisa Whitehouse).
9. The Criminological Lens: Understanding Criminal Law and Corporate Governance (Laureen Snider).
10. Detecting Fraud and Managing the Risk (Nicholas M. Hodson).
11. After Enron: Corporate Governance, Creative Compliance and the Uses of Corporate Social Responsibility (Doreen McBarnet).
12. The Role of Lawyers: Hired Guns or Public Servant (Jeremy P. Carver)?
13. Financial Reporting, Corporate Governance and Parmalat: Was it a Financial Reporting Failure (Giovanni Melis and Andrea Melis)?
14. Corporate Regulation in Ireland (Paul Appleby).
15. Corporate Governance – More Than a State of Mind (Neill Buck)?
16. Redesigning Financial Regulation: Eliot Spitzer, State-Federal Relations and the Battle for Corporate Control (Justin O’Brien).
17. Public Trusteeship: The Responsibilities of Transparency and Legacy (J. Patrick Dobel).
Governing the Corporation: Regulation and Corporate Governance in an Age of Scandal and Global Markets (US $105.00)
-and- The Complete Guide to Portfolio Construction and Management (US $85.00)
Total List Price: US $190.00
Discounted Price: US $142.50 (Save: US $47.50)