The Semantic Web: Crafting Infrastructure for Agency
The Semantic Web: Crafting Infrastructure for Agency presents a more holistic view of the current state of development and deployment. This a comprehensive reference to the rapidly developing technologies, which are enabling more intelligent and automated transactions over the internet, and a visionary overview of the implications of deploying such a layer of infrastructure.
- A through examination of the Semantic Web, including the following topics: web information management, languages and protocols, application and tools, and collaboration and agency.
- A unique volume of practical information, in-depth analysis, conceptual overviews and contextual material from professionals in the field.
- Features appendices of technical terms and glossary, Semantic Web resources, intellectual property issues and lists of elements.
This is essential reading for engineers, web developers and industry professionals wishing to enhance their knowledge of recent developments. Management staff, lecturers. postgraduate and undergraduate students will also find this book appealing.
Part I: Content Concepts.
1. Enhancing the Web.
2. Defining the Semantic Web.
3. Web Information Management.
4. Semantic Web Collaboration and Agency.
Part II: Current Technology Overview.
5. Languages and Protocols.
6. Ontologies and the Semantic Web.
7. Organizations and Projects.
8. Application and Tools.
9. Examples of Deployed Systems.
Part III: Future Potential.
10. The Next Steps.
11. Extending the Concept.
Part IV: Appendix Material.
Appendix A: Technical Terms and References.
Appendix B: Semantic Web Resources.
Appendix C: Lists.
An independent consultant in the computing sector in Sweden for over 25 years, Bo has been responsible for software development and localization projects. Training issues came to the foreground during a number of years as head of a language school specializing in an immersive teaching methodology. He is currently a freelance consultant and author, specializing in software documentation, translation, and design-team training. He is a regular contributor of feature articles to Datormagazin, Sweden’s largest and most prestigious computer periodical.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Semantic Web: Crafting Infrastructure for Agency (US $128.00)
Total List Price: US $255.00
Discounted Price: US $191.25 (Save: US $63.75)