QoS and QoE Management in UMTS Cellular Systems
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- Defines and explains the differences between QoS and QoE, and end-to-end concept, based on the premise that it is the end-user who is the ultimate beneficiary of QoS.
- Covers QoS and QoE issues related to present and forthcoming service applications, including multimedia messaging service (MMS), Video Sharing (VS), content download, business connectivity, Push to talk over Cellular (PoC), Voice over IP (VoIP), presence, instant messaging, gaming, streaming and browsing.
- Presents QoS concepts and architecture as defined in 3GPP Releases 97/98, 99, 5, 6, and 7, and provides a comprehensive description of protocols and packet data transfer across WCDMA evolved and (E)GPRS networks.
- Discusses service driven radio network planning aspects for (E)GPRS and WCDMA.
- Includes three detailed chapters covering concepts, means and methods for QoS provisioning, QoS & QoE performance monitoring and optimisation.
This book is aimed at operators, vendors, deployers, consultants and managers specialising in the research, development, implementation, marketing and sales of products and tools for QoS and QoE management in UMTS networks. It will also be of interest to postgraduate students and researchers in the field of telecommunications and specialising in UMTS QoS and QoE principles and practices.