Applied Biophysics: A Molecular Approach for Physical Scientists
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
The topics covered in the book include:
- Phase transitions that occur in biosystems (protein crystallisation, globule-coil transition etc)
- Liquid crystallinity as an example of the delicate range of partially ordered phases found with biological molecules
- How molecules move and propel themselves at the cellular level
- The general features of self-assembly with examples from proteins
- The phase behaviour of DNA
The physical toolbox presented within this text will form a basis for students to enter into a wide range of pure and applied bioengineering fields in medical, food and pharmaceutical areas.