Assessing Risk in Sex Offenders: A Practitioner's Guide
Written by an expert author team, Assessing risk in Sex Offenders: A Practitioner's Guide examines:
- The characteristics of sexual offenders
- Methodological considerations in measuring predictive accuracy
- Static and dynamic factors
- Structured risk assessments
- Treatment of sexual offenders
- Policy and practices
Preface: The Extent of Sexual Violence and the Risk Approach.
PART I. BACKGROUND, DEVELOPMENTAL FRAMEWORKS AND PREDICTIVE ACCURACY.
1. Characteristics of Sexual Offenders.
2. Developmental Frameworks and Functional Analysis.
3. Methodological Considerations in Measuring Predictive Accuracy.
PART II. STATIC RISK FACTORS.
4. Static Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
5. Actuarial and Clinically Guided Measures.
PART III. DYNAMIC RISK FACTORS.
6. Dynamic Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
7. Treatment and Sexual Recidivism.
PART IV. STRUCTURING RISK ASSESSMENT.
8. Aetiology and Risk.
PART V. POLICY AND PRACTICE.
9. Implementing Risk Management Policy.
10. Improving Risk Assessment Estimates.
11. Strengths Based Approaches to Risk Assessment.
Anthony R. Beech is Reader in Forensic Psychology at the University of Birmingham. He is the principle researcher on the Sex Offender Treatment Evaluation Project team that has examined the effectiveness of treatment for sex offenders provided in UK prisons and probation services. His book, Theories of Sexual Offending, is currently in production at Wiley.
Kevin D. Browne is Director of the School of Psychology and Professor of Forensic and Family Psychology at the University of Birmingham. He was a founding editor of Child Abuse Review and has published two books with Wiley previously.
"This book is good for learning how to assess risk with sex offenders, a population with a high recidivism rate. It is well written and covers the topic thoroughly. ... This book should be in the libraries of forensic psychologists involved in sex offender work." (Doody's, April 2009)
Assessing Risk in Sex Offenders: A Practitioner's Guide (US $198.00)
Total List Price: US $258.95
Discounted Price: US $194.21 (Save: US $64.74)