Acquisition and Performance of Sports Skills
- looks at skill acquisition firmly within the context of sports performance
- takes students' practical experience as a starting point then clearly explains the underlying theories
- presents both cognitive and ecological approaches to the subject to give a balanced view
- excellent pedagogy including problem-solving tasks, practical experiments and revision notes at the end of chapters
This is the second title to appear in the Wiley SportTexts Series that aims to provide textbooks covering the key disciplines within the academic study of sport.
1. Skill, Ability and Performance.
3. Decision Making.
4. Reaction Time.
7. Motor Control.
10. Arousal and Performance.
Appendix 1. Writing an Academic Paper.
Appendix 2. Glossary of Terms Used by Ecological Psychologists.
Appendix 3. Test Your Knowledge Answers.
- Looks at skill acquisition firmly within the context of sports performance.
Takes students’ practical experience as a starting point then clearly explains the underlying theories.
Presents both ‘cognitive’ and ‘ecological’ approaches to the subject to give students a balanced view.
Provides problem-solving tasks and practical experiments at the end of each chapter.
Part of the new Wiley Series: SportTexts.