Systems Engineering in Wireless Communications
Systems Engineering in Wireless Communications focuses on the area of radio resource management in third generation wireless communication systems from a systems engineering perspective. The authors provide an introduction into cellular radio systems as well as a review of radio resource management issues. Additionally, a detailed discussion of power control, handover, admission control, smart antennas, joint optimization of different radio resources , and cognitive radio networksis offered. This book differs from books currently available, with its emphasis on the dynamical issues arising from mobile nodes in the network. Well-known control techniques, such as least squares estimation, PID control, Kalman filers, adaptive control, and fuzzy logic are used throughout the book.
- Covers radio resource management of third generation wireless communication systems at a systems level
- First book to address wireless communications issues using systems engineering methods
- Offers the latest research activity in the field of wireless communications, extending to the control engineering community
- Includes an accompanying website containing MATLAB™/SIMULINK™ exercises
- Provides illustrations of wireless networks
This book will be a valuable reference for graduate and postgraduate students studying wireless communications and control engineering courses, and R&D engineers.
List of Abbreviations.
2 Feedback Control Basics.
3 Channel Modeling.
4 Channel Estimation and Prediction.
5 Power Control, Part I: Linear Algebra Perspective.
6 Power Control II: Control Engineering Perspective.
7 Admission and Load Control.
8 Combining Different Radio Resources.
9 Smart Antennas.
10 Cognitive Radios and Networks.
Systems Engineering in Wireless Communications (US $120.00)
Total List Price: US $204.95
Discounted Price: US $153.71 (Save: US $51.24)