Scenarios: The Art of Strategic Conversation, 2nd Edition
PART ONE: The Context.
1. 1965 to 1990: Five Discoveries at Shell.
2. Introduction to Scenario-based Planning.
3. Three Competing Paradigms in Strategic Management.
PART TWO: The Principles of Scenario-based Planning.
5. The Business Idea of an Organisation.
6. The Uncertain Environment.
7. Scenario Analysis.
8. Scenarios and the Strategic Conversation.
PART THREE: The Practice of Scenario-based planning.
9. The Practitioner’s Art.
10. Articulation of the Business Idea.
11. Competitive Positioning.
12. Scenario Development.
13. Option Planning.
PART FOUR: Institutionalising Scenario-based planning.
14. The Management of Change.
15. Planning Process.
16. Guiding the Strategic Conversation.
He specializes in scenario planning, strategic change and institutional strategic management processes, and has consulted widely in these areas.
- Second edition of a bestseller - revisits the original and brings it up-to-date by following up on case studies and adding brand new material
- Provides more in-depth analysis and application of the concept of the 'strategic conversation', with a focus on real-world practice
- A crossover title that has helped a host of practitioners but also become a standard text for courses involving scenario planning