Bioavailability, Bioaccessibility and Mobility of Environmental Contaminants
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Methods to assess the bioavailability of POPs and metals in the environment are discussed. The particular approaches considered are:
- non-exhaustive extraction techniques
- single extraction techniques
- sequential extraction techniques
- use of cyclodextrin and surfactants
- in-vitro gastrointestinal methods including physiological-based extraction test
- the use of bioasssays including earthworms.
Finally, selected case studies highlight the importance of determining the bioavailability of POPs and metals.