Managing Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Managing Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease provides an insight into this debilitative condition. The book aims to develop nurses' and allied health professionals' knowledge and skills in caring for individuals with COPD. It takes the reader on a journey from diagnosis through to end-of-life care and examines:
- Initial diagnosis and symptom management
- Smoking cessation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- The management of acute episodes
- The role of each member of the multi-disciplinary team
- Quality of life, including nutrition, fatigue management and leisure activities
- The future for the care and management of people with the condition.
Healthcare professionals from multi-disciplinary teams have contributed to this book to demonstrate that a co-ordinated approach for these patients is required across both primary and secondary care. Managing Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease can be utilised by nurses and allied health professionals caring for patients at all stages of their disease.