Materials Science of Membranes for Gas and Vapor Separation
This book aims to give a balanced treatment of the subject area, allowing the reader an excellent overall perspective of new theoretical results that can be applied to advanced materials, as well as the separation of polymers. The contributions will provide a compact source of relevant and timely information and will be of interest to government, industrial and academic polymer chemists, chemical engineers and materials scientists, as well as an ideal introduction to students.
1. Transport of Gases and Vapors in Glassy and Rubbery Polymers (Scott Matteucci, Yuri Yampolskii, Benny D. Freeman and Ingo Pinnau).
2. Principles of Molecular Simulation of Gas Transport in Polymers (Doros N. Theodorou).
3. Molecular Simulation of Gas and Vapor Transport in Highly Permeable Polymers (Joel R. Fried).
4. Predicting Gas Solubility in Membranes through Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics for Glassy Polymers (Ferruccio Doghieri, Massimiliano Quinzi, David G. Rethwisch and Giulio C. Sarti).
5. The Solution–Diffusion Model: A Unified Approach to Membrane Permeation (Johannes G. (Hans) Wijmans and Richard W. Baker ).
6. Positron Annihilation Lifetime Spectroscopy and Other Methods for Free Volume Evaluation in Polymers (Yuri Yampolskii and Victor Shantarovich).
7. Prediction of Gas Permeation Parameters of Polymers (Alexander Alentiev and Yuri Yampolskii ).
8. Synthesis and Permeation Properties of Substituted Polyacetylenes for Gas Separation and Pervaporation (Toshio Masuda and Kazukiyo Nagai).
9. Gas and Vapor Transport Properties of Perfluoropolymers (Tim C. Merkel, Ingo Pinnau, Rajeev Prabhakar and Benny D. Freeman).
10. Structure and Transport Properties of Polyimides as Materials for Gas and Vapor Membrane Separation (Kazuhiro Tanaka and Ken-Ichi Okamoto).
11. The Impact of Physical Aging of Amorphous Glassy Polymers on Gas Separation Membranes (Peter H. Pfromm).
12. Zeolite Membranes for Gas and Liquid Separations (George R. Gavalas).
13. Gas and Vapor Separation Membranes Based on Carbon Membranes (Hidetoshi Kita).
14. Polymer Membranes for Separation of Organic Liquid Mixtures (Tadashi Uragami ).
15. Zeolite Membranes for Pervaporation and Vapor Permeation (Hidetoshi Kita).
16. Solid-State Facilitated Transport Membranes for Separation of Olefins/Paraffins and Oxygen/Nitrogen ( Yong Soo Kang, Jong Hak Kim, Jongok Won and Hoon Sik Kim ).
17. Review of Facilitated Transport Membranes (Richard D. Noble and Carl A. Koval ).