Mesocrystals and Nonclassical Crystallization
- Description of crystals as well as their formation processes and ways to modify them.
- Examines new ways towards the design of new materials and aids comprehension of the building principles of biominerals.
- Helps to explain many unusual observations made in the study of crystallisation.
Written by the professionals in this subject ‘Mesocrystals: New Self-Assembled Structures’ outlines the future potential of this topic within a variety of disciplines including engineering science, physics and chemistry, making it a versatile and valuable text.
1. Mesocrystals and Nonclassical Crystallization.
2. Physico-Chemical Principles of Crystallization.
3. Examples of Crystals Challenging the Classical Textbook Mechanism.
4. Nonclassical Crystallization.
5. Self-Assembly and Self-Organization.
6. Colloidal Crystals with Spherical Units: Opals and Colloidal Nanocrystals.
7. Mesocrystal Systems.
8. Mechanism of Mesocrystal Formation.
9. Analysis of Mesocrystals.
10. Tuning of Properties.
11. A Unifying Crystallization Mechanism.
12. Analogy between Oriented Attachment or Hierarchically Structured Crystals and Polymers.
13. Summary and Outlook.
Mesocrystals and Nonclassical Crystallization (US $222.00)
-and- Surfactants and Interfacial Phenomena, 4th Edition (US $145.00)
Total List Price: US $367.00
Discounted Price: US $275.25 (Save: US $91.75)