OFDM and MC-CDMA: A Primer
June 2006, ©2006, Wiley-IEEE Press
Currently, a technical in-depth book on this subject is unavailable, which has a similar detailed exposure of OFDM, MIMO-OFDM and MC-CDMA. A further attraction of the joint treatment of these topics is that it allows the reader to view their design trade-offs in a comparative context.
Divided into three main parts:
Part I provides a detailed exposure of OFDM designed for employment in various applications
Part II is another design alternative applicable in the context of OFDM systems where the channel quality fluctuations observed are averaged out with the aid of frequency-domain spreading codes, which leads to the concept of MC-CDMA
Part III discusses how to employ multiple antennas at the base station for the sake of supporting multiple users in the uplink
By providing an all-encompassing self-contained treatment this volume will appeal to a wide readership, as it is both an easy-reading textbook and a high-level research monograph.
Other Wiley and IEEE Press Books on Related Topics.
2. Introduction to Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing.
3. OFDM Transmission over Gaussian Channels
4. OFDM Transmission over Wideband Channels.
5. OFDM Time and Frequency Domain Synchronisation.
6. Adaptive Single- and Multi-user OFDM Techniques.
II. OFDM versus MC-CDMA Systems.
7. OFDM versus MC-CDMA.
8. Basic Spreading Sequences.
9. MC-CDMA Performance in Synchronous Environments.
III. Advanced Topics: Multi-User OFDM Systems.
10 Maximum-Likelihood Enhanced Sphere Decoding of MIMO-OFDM.
11. Genetic Algorithm Aided Joint Channel Estimation and MUD for SDMA OFDM.
12. Multi-User OFDM Employing Genetic Algorithm Aided Minimum Bit Error RateMulti-User Detection.
13. Conclusion and Further Research Problems.