Caring for Children and Families
* User-friendly writing style
* Contributions from expert paediatric academic staff and skilled clinicians
* One of the few books that deal with clinical practice specifically related to, and addressing the needs of children in a user friendly manner.
About the Contributors.
1. Introduction (Ian Peate and Lisa Whiting).
2. Children and their Families (Lisa Whiting).
3. Communicating with Children and Families (Peter Vickers).
4. Working as a Member of the Child Health Team (Lisa Whiting and Ian Peate).
5. Health Promotion: A Child-centred Approach (Sue Miller).
6. Biological Aspects of Child Health Care (Pat Harwood).
7. Assessment and Monitoring of Children (Liz Gormley-Fleming).
8. The Importance of Play (Mary Donnelly and Julie Robinson)
9. Maintaining Safety (Cathy Cairns and Liz Gormley-Fleming).
10. Accident Prevention (Mary Donnelly and Billie Kell).
11. Safeguarding Children (Dee Harris and Helen Russell-Johnson).
12. Legal Concerns (Helen Russell-Johnson and Dee Harris).
13. Future Aspirations (Lyn Karstadt).
Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations.
Lisa Whiting, Senior Lecturer, Childrens Nursing, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Hertfordshire
The editors are experienced educationalists with many years of practical and academic nursing experience.