Computational Intelligence: An Introduction, 2nd Edition
November 2007, ©2007
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Engelbrecht provides readers with a wide knowledge of Computational Intelligence (CI) paradigms and algorithms; inviting readers to implement and problem solve real-world, complex problems within the CI development framework. This implementation framework will enable readers to tackle new problems without any difficulty through a single Java class as part of the CI library.
Key features of this second edition include:
- A tutorial, hands-on based presentation of the material.
- State-of-the-art coverage of the most recent developments in computational intelligence with more elaborate discussions on intelligence and artificial intelligence (AI).
- New discussion of Darwinian evolution versus Lamarckian evolution, also including swarm robotics, hybrid systems and artificial immune systems.
- A section on how to perform empirical studies; topics including statistical analysis of stochastic algorithms, and an open source library of CI algorithms.
- Tables, illustrations, graphs, examples, assignments, Java code implementing the algorithms, and a complete CI implementation and experimental framework.
Computational Intelligence: An Introduction, Second Edition is essential reading for third and fourth year undergraduate and postgraduate students studying CI. The first edition has been prescribed by a number of overseas universities and is thus a valuable teaching tool. In addition, it will also be a useful resource for researchers in Computational Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence, as well as engineers, statisticians, operational researchers, and bioinformaticians with an interest in applying AI or CI to solve problems in their domains.
Check out http://www.ci.cs.up.ac.za for examples, assignments and Java code implementing the algorithms.