Flash Chemistry: Fast Organic Synthesis in Microsystems
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Flash Chemistry: Fast Organic Synthesis in microsystems is the first book to describe this exciting new technique, with chapters covering:
- an introduction to flash chemistry
- reaction dynamics: how fast is the act of chemical transformation, what is the rate of reaction, and what determines the selectivity of a reaction?
- examples of why flash chemistry is needed: the rapid construction of chemical libraries, rapid synthesis of radioactive PET probes, and on-demand rapid synthesis in industry
- the generation of highly reactive species through thermal, microwave, chemical, photochemical, and electrochemical activation
- microsystems: What are microsystems and how are they made? Why is size so important? What are the characteristic features of microsystems?
- conduction and control of extremely fast reactions using microsystems
- applications of flash chemistry in organic synthesis
- polymer synthesis based on flash chemistry
- industrial applications of flash chemistry
Flash Chemistry: Fast Organic Synthesis in Microsystems is an essential introduction to anyone working in organic synthesis, process chemistry, chemical engineering and physical organic chemistry concerned with fundamental aspects of chemical reactions an d synthesis and the production of organic compounds.