Chemical Reactivity Hazard Training CD-ROM
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The CD contains approximately 100 instructional screens with extensive links, graphics, videos, and supplemental slides. It can be used either as a self-paced tutorial or as an aid in lecture presentations. The CD shows how uncontrolled chemical reactions in industry can lead to serious harm and introduces key concepts for avoiding unintended reactions. The five main sections cover:
- three major incidents that show the potential consequences of uncontrolled reactions
- how chemical reactions get out of control, including consideration of reaction path, heat generation and removal; and the appropriate people, property, and environmental responses
- data and lab testing resources used to identify reactivity hazards
- four approaches for making a facility inherently safer with respect to chemical reactivity hazards, and
- strategies for designing facilities both to prevent and to mitigate uncontrolled chemical reactions.
The module concludes with a ten-question information quiz. An extensive glossary and bibliography are directly accessible from any page within the product.