Construction Funding: The Process of Real Estate Development, Appraisal, and Finance, 4th Edition
October 2007, ©2008
1 Characteristics of Real Estate.
2 Different Types of Business Organizations.
II THE DEVELOPEMENT PROCESS START TO FINISH.
4 The Development Process: An Overview.
5 Market Studies, Site Feasibility Analysis, and Selection.
6 Creating the Project Pro Forma.
7 The Appraisal.
8 Sources of Financing, the Loan Application Process, and Term Sheets.
9 The Commitment.
10 Closing the Loan: The Note, Mortgage, Construction Loan Agreement, and Unconditional Guaranty.
III EVOLUTION OF THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS.
11 Joint Ventures.
12 Condominiums and Condominium Conversions.
IV CASH FORECASTS AND THE TIME VALUE OF MONEY.
13 How to Forecast Cash Needs During Construction.
14 Basic How-to-Do-It Time Value of Money Calculations.
APPENDIX D Interest Tables.
APPENDIX E End-of-Chapter Answers to Questions.
Nathan S. Collier is the founder and owner of The Collier Companies, a Florida-based firm that develops, owns, and manages close to 9,000 apartments in thirty-four communities. He has endowed the Nathan S. Collier Master's in Real Estate program at the University of Florida, and is a registered real estate broker, a licensed building contractor, a Certified Public Accountant, and a member of the Florida Bar.
Courtland A. Collier, PE, is Associate Professor Emeritus, Civil Engineering, at the University of Florida.
Don A. Halperin, FAIG, is Director Emeritus, School of Building Construction, at the University of Florida.
- Updated to provide current costs and funding methods
- Additional learning features such as key term definitions, chapter summaries and review questions, and learning objectives have been added.
- A complete reference section for additional information.
- Complete coverage of construction funding can be found in no other source
- Based on author's real-world experience buying and developing real estate properties for the past 25 years--over 5,000 apartments, 3million square feet.
- Built on a case study of a 260-unit apartment development the book provides a step-by-step outline of the typical development process
- Appendices contain loan forms, interest tables, and information on federal construction programs
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Construction Funding: The Process of Real Estate Development, Appraisal, and Finance, 4th Edition (US $120.00)
Total List Price: US $240.00
Discounted Price: US $180.00 (Save: US $60.00)