Ubuntu Linux Bible
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
It's the fastest-growing, coolest Linux distribution out there, and now you can join the excitement with this information-packed guide. Want to edit graphics? Create a spreadsheet? Manage groups? Set up an NFS server? You'll learn it all and more with the expert guidance, tips, and techniques in this first-ever soup-to-nuts book on Ubuntu. From the basics for newcomers to enterprise management for system administrators, it's what you need to succeed with Ubuntu.
- Master the fundamentals for desktop and networks
- Send e-mail, share files, edit text, and print
- Download music, watch DVDs, and play games
- Use Ubuntu on laptops, go wireless, or synch it with your PDA
- Set up Web, mail, print, DNS, DHCP, and other servers
- Manage groups and secure your network
What's on the CD-ROM?
Test-drive Ubuntu on your computer without changing a thing using the bootable Ubuntu Desktop Live CD included with this book. If you decide to install it permanently, a simple, easy-to-use installer is provided. Also on the CD, you'll find:
- Popular open-source software for Microsoft(r) Windows(r), such as AbiWord, Firefox(r), GIMP, and more
- An easy-to-use application that simplifies installing these programs on your Microsoft Windows system
System Requirements: Please see the "About the CD-ROM Appendix" for details and complete system requirements.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.