December 2005, ©2002
This product is not currently available for purchase from this website.
For customer care, special sales, or to find your rep, please visit our Contact Us page.
- Big Java teaches computing concepts and problem solving. In the first part of the text, readers are encouraged to think as problem solvers and are given the tools to design efficient and successful programs.
- The Programming Style Guide. This useful guide (available at www.wiley.com/college/horstmann) encourages using a consistent methodology for solving problems. Readers are given direction and an environment for practice.
- A look at the Java language. The second part of this book and the appendices delve deeply into advance Java concepts. With this one book, readers can become better programmers and expand their knowledge of the Java language.
- Highlighted Index. The text index is a thorough and accurate navigation tool. In addition, it has all terms found in the Key Concept Boxes in the text highlighted in color, enabling readers to easily find the most important concepts in the text.
- Comprehensive. Resourceful. Cay Horstmann's Big Java is the most comprehensive introduction to programming and Java available. It provides every reader with a reference that will be of value when studying advanced Java technologies, components, database, and countless other areas of computer science.