The New Health Insurance Solution: How to Get Cheaper, Better Coverage Without a Traditional Employer Plan
- You're self-employed, an independent contractor, or your employer doesn't provide health insurance (you can probably get coverage on your own for about $94/month—a fraction of what an employer would have to pay for the same coverage)
- You are employed and pay extra to cover your spouse or children under your employer-sponsored plan—you may save 50% by taking them off your employer plan
- You own a small business and are getting killed by double-digit premium increases—you can now give employees tax-free money to buy their own plans and get your company out of the health insurance business
The book also explains in detail the best solutions for you if:
- You can't find affordable health insurance because you or a child have an expensive preexisting medical problem (your state has a program to provide you with guaranteed coverage )
- You're currently putting money into an IRA or a 401(k)—because you don't realize that an HSA is always a better option
- You're unsure how you or your parents will be able to afford health insurance during retirement, or how to maximize benefits from Medicare—including the new Part D prescription drug plan
The New Health Insurance Solution is the definitive guide to the new ways every American can now get affordable health care—without an employer.
PAUL ZANE PILZER is a world-renowned economist, a former advisor in two White House administrations, an entrepreneur/employer, an award-winning adjunct professor at NYU, and a New York Times bestselling author.
PART I: How to Better Protect Your Family While Saving $5,000+ Each Year: Savvy and Affordable New Health Insurance Strategies.
Chapter 1. You Are One Serious Illness Away from Bankruptcy: The Huge Gaps in Your Employer's Health Insurance Plan.
Chapter 2. Why Buying Your Own Health Insurance Is Better, Cheaper, and Safer Than Your Company Plan.
Chapter 3. Your Legal Rights to Health Insurance When You Lose Your Job or Change Jobs: ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA.
Chapter 4. How to Buy Your Own Log-Cost, High-Quality Health Insurance Policy.
Chapter 5. The Best Options for Employees with a Good Company Plan: High Deductibles, Disability, Cafeteria Plans, FSAs, and HRAs.
Chapter 6. Health Savings Accounts: Why You Should Fully Fund Your HSA before Putting Even $1 in Your IRA or 401 (k) ...and How to Build a $500,000+ HSA Nest Egg.
Chapter 7. What to Do if You or a Family Member Has a Major Health Problem.
Chapter 8. How to Get Affordable Medical Care When You Are Over 55: Early Retirement, Medicare, and Long-Term Care.
Chapter 9. How to Save 10 to 75 Percent on Your Prescription Drugs.
Chapter 10. How to Be a Smart Healthcare Shopper, Stay Healthy, and Keep the Savings.
PART II: How Businesses Can Fix their Health Insurance Nightmare an Still Hire great Employees.
Chapter 11. How Employers Can Save 50 Percent by Giving Employees Tax-Free Dollars to Buy Their Own Health Insurance: Defined Contribution Health Benefits.
Chapter 12. HSA Plans for Employers: Why Every Employer Should Encourage Tax-Free Employee Contributions to HSAs.
Chapter 13. HRAs for Employers: How to Use HRAs to Save $2,000 to $6,000 per Employee Each Year While Getting Your Employees Better Health Insurance.
Epilogue: The Future of Affordable Health Insurance in America-Who Wins and Who Loses?
Appendix A. State-by-State Guide to Individual/Family Health Insurance Costs.
Appendix B. How Americans Get Health Insurance Today...and What about the 45 Million Uninsured?
About the Author.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The New Health Insurance Solution: How to Get Cheaper, Better Coverage Without a Traditional Employer Plan (US $19.95)
-and- Personal Finance: Skills for Life (US $224.95)
Total List Price: US $244.90
Discounted Price: US $183.67 (Save: US $61.23)