Simplified Design of Concrete Structures, 8th Edition
Simplified Design of Concrete Structures, Eighth Edition covers all the latest, commonly used concrete systems, practices, and research in the field, reinforced with examples of practical designs and general building structural systems. Updated to conform to current building codes, design practices, and industry standards.
Simplified Design of Concrete Structures, Eighth Edition is a reliable, easy-to-use handbook that examines a wide range of concrete structures, building types, and construction details. It includes a wealth of illustrations, expanded text examples, exercise problems, and a helpful glossary. Highlights of this outstanding tool include:
* Its use of the current American Concrete Institute Building Code for 2005 (ACI 318) and the Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) method of structural design
* Fundamental and real-world coverage of concrete structures that assumes no previous experience
* Valuable study aids such as exercise problems, questions, and word lists enhance usability
Preface to the First Edition.
Chapter 1. Structural Use of Concrete.
Chapter 2. Considerations for Production to Concrete.
Chapter 3. General Requirements for Reinforced Concrete Structures.
Chapter 4. Investigation and Design of Reinforced Concrete.
Chapter 5. Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD).
Chapter 6. Reinforced Concrete Flexural Members.
Chapter 7. Shear in Concrete Structures.
Chapter 8. Anchorage and Development of Reinforcement.
Chapter 9. Flat-Spanning Concrete Systems.
Chapter 10. Concrete Columns.
Column and Beam Frames.
Chapter 12. Concrete Walls.
Chapter 13. Foundations.
Chapter 14. Miscellaneous Concrete Structures.
Chapter 15. General Considerations for Building Structures.
Chapter 16. Building Structures: Design Examples.
Answers to Exercise Problems.
PATRICK TRIPENY is an Associate Professor at the University of Utah's Graduate School of Architecture.
- Focuses on the widely used Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) method for the first time
- Increased use of study aids such as exercise problems, questions, and word lists enhance its usability
- Updated to conform with current building codes, design practices, and industry standards, including the latest ACI Code 318 for 2005
- Includes Instructor's Manual for the first time
- Covers the basics as well as practical design examples
- Fundamental and real-world coverage of concrete structures that assumes no previous experience
- Examines a wide range of concrete structures, building types and construction details
- Includes numerous illustrations, text examples and exercise problems with answers provided, plus a general question and answer section and a glossary
- Part of the Parker/Ambrose Series of Simplified Design Guides. This series has been providing students with simple, concise solutions to common structural and environmental design problems for more than seven decades