Windows Vista: The L Line, The Express Line to Learning
Want to join the move to Microsoft's new Windows Vista? Whether it's for home or business, you can make the transition painlessly with this easy-to-follow guide. Gain solid skills as you progress from station to station in a series of clear-cut tutorials on new Vista tools. Learn how to customize your desktop, go wireless, set security, and more. The last stop? Become a Vista power user and see where you can go. Start the journey today on The L Line.
* Select the right Vista edition or upgrade for your needs
* Browse the new interface
* Master indexing, searching, and security in Vista
* Create CDs, DVDs, and file libraries
All aboard for valuable online extras
Visit the L Line Web site at www.wiley/com/go/thelline for valuable online supplementary materials:
* Test bank with challenging review questions
* PowerPoint(r) slides with chapter outlines
* Practice exam answers
Along The L Line
* Complete tutorial coverage
* Ample illustrations and examples
* Real-world applications and hints for avoiding pitfalls
* Practice exams that help you evaluate your progress
Chapter 1: Installing Windows Vista.
Chapter 2: Using the Windows Vista Desktop.
Chapter 3: Welcome to Internet Explorer 7.
Chapter 4: Security, Privacy, and Parental Controls in Windows Vista.
Chapter 5: Working More Efficiently with Applications, Files, and Folders.
Chapter 6: Working with Vista’s Free Tools.
Chapter 7: Connecting to the Outside World.
Chapter 8: Adding (And Removing) Additional Programs and Devices with Vista.
Chapter 9: Working with Digital Media.
Chapter 10: Maximizing Your Windows Power and Performance.
Chapter 11: Keeping Up, Backing Up, Disaster and Recovery.
Chapter 12: Getting Help and Support.
Appendix A: The Practice Exam Answers.
- Customize their desktops.
- Mastering their browser’s tools and tricks.
- Set permissions for users, monitor children’s online activities, block unwanted content, and kill spam and fishing.
- Get free tools and other bundled software:
- Connect to the outside world: Set up Internet connections, People Near Me, home and office networking, and e-mail.
- Maximize their computer’s power and performance
|Download PowerPoint slides
This .ppt file requires Microsoft PowerPoint to view. If your computer is unable to view PowerPoint files, you can download the free reader from Adobe.
|9.90 MB||Click to Download|
|Download review questions
this Word document requires Microsoft Word to view. If your computer is unable to view Word document's, you can download the free reader from Microsoft.
|87.00 KB||Click to Download|