MCITP Administrator: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database Server Infrastructure Design Study Guide (Exam 70-443)
- This comprehensive book guides readers through Microsoft's brand-new SQL 2005 administrator exam: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Exam 70443)
- Addresses the database tasks that the MCITP exam focuses on such as design, development, deployment, optimization, maintenance, and support
- Reviews key topics, including defining high availability solutions, automating administrative tasks, defining security solutions, monitoring and troubleshooting the database server, and much more
- The CD-ROM features leading-edge exam prep software with test engine plus hundreds of practice questions and electronic flashcards
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1: Designing the Hardware and Software Infrastructure.
Chapter 2: Designing Physical Storage.
Chapter 3: Designing a Consolidation Strategy.
Chapter 4: Designing Database-Level Security.
Chapter 5: Designing Windows Server-Level Security Processes.
Chapter 6: Designing SQL Server Service-Level Security.
Chapter 7: Designing SQL Server Object-Level Security.
Chapter 8: Designing a Physical Database.
Chapter 9: Creating Database Conventions and Standards.
Chapter 10: Designing a SQL Server 2005 Solution for High Availability.
Chapter 11: Designing a Data Recovery Solution for a Database.
Chapter 12: Designing a Data-Archiving Solution.
Over the last decade, Steve has written more than 200 articles about SQL Server for SQLServerCentral.com, the SQL Server Standard magazine, SQL Server Magazine, and Database Journal. teve has spoken at the PASS Summits where SQLServerCentral.com sponsors an opening reception every year as well as written a prior book for Sybex on SQL Server 2000.
David W. Tschanz is the coauthor of the recent Sybex book Mastering SQL Server 2005. He has been working with and managing large datasets for four decades. His work has included analysis of population dynamics, voting behavior, and epidemiological data. He has been writing on computer topics for the past several years, including 4 books and about 100 articles in the area. e is also a regular contributor to Redmond magazine.
Dave currently lives outside the United States, where his eclectic nature allows him to pursue projects involving databases, IT infrastructure, web development, archaeology, the ancient Nabataean capital of Petra, medical history, military science, and demography. He can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or look for him in Connecticut, Saudi Arabia, or Tasmania, his three favorite haunts.
- Reviews key topics, including defining high availability solutions, automating administrative tasks, defining security solutions, monitoring and troubleshooting the database server, and much more.
- Each chapter includes a list of objectives covered in that chapter, following by in-depth discussion of those objectives, complete with hands-on Exercises and Real World Scenarios.
- Chapters conclude with an "Exam Essentials" section and comprehensive review questions.
- The CD-ROM features leading-edge exam prep software with test engine plus hundreds of practice questions and electronic flashcards, as well as the entire book in a searchable pdf format.
MCITP Administrator: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database Server Infrastructure Design Study Guide (Exam 70-443) (US $49.99)
-and- Exam 70-647 Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator Lab Manual (US $39.95)
Total List Price: US $89.94
Discounted Price: US $67.45 (Save: US $22.49)