Inorganic Structural Chemistry, 2nd Edition
2. Description of Chemical Structures.
4. Polymorphism and Phase Transition.
5. Structure, Energy and Chemical Bonding.
6. The Effective Size of Atoms.
7. Ionic Compounds.
8. Molecular Structures I: Compounds of Main Group Elements.
9. Molecular Structures II: Compounds of Transition Metals.
10. Molecular Orbital Theory and Chemical Bonding in Solids.
11. The Elements Structures of the Nonmetals.
12. Diamonds-like Structures.
13. Polyaniotic and Polycationic Compounds, Zintl Phases.
14. Packing of Spheres, Metal Structures.
15. The Sphere-packing Principle for Compounds.
16. Linked Polyhedra.
17. Packings of Spheres with Occupied Interstices.
18. Symmetry as the Organizing Principle for Crystal Structures.
19. Physical Properties of Solids.
21. Pitfalls and Linguistic Aberrations.
Answers to the Problems.
The 2nd Edition of a highly successful textbook
The textbook is based on many years of teaching this subject to a wide range of students
There's no competing English language book on the market
The section on `Symmetry Relations Between Crystal Structures` is unique: no textbook has yet looked at this method to bring order to the large amount of different solid state structures
This is essential reading for every student intending to move into the area of solid state chemistry and inorganic materials
This is the introductory text to the forthcoming books in this Series, focusing on inorganic materials