IMS Multimedia Telephony over Cellular Systems: VoIP Evolution in a Converged Telecommunication World
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
In addition to an overview of the Multimedia Telephony service, the book focuses on the modern media processing methods, which allows the quality of the packet switched voice and video telephony not only to match but also possibly exceed the quality of circuit switched telephony. Such key components as adaptive jitter buffering and adaptation of conversational media are explained in detail.
- Detailed description of how Multimedia Telephony sessions are set-up and controlled
- Analysis showing the capacity and quality of VoIP and Multimedia Telephony in cellular networks
- Coverage of other IMS services such as PoC specified by 3GPP and OMA
- Description of suitable QoS and radio bearers for Multimedia Telephony
- Explanation of the modern radio interface, especially High Speed Packet Access, which is based on concepts such as link adaptation and fast hybrid ARQ
The possibilities for the current and future standards covered in this book make it an indispensable resource for engineers, designers and researchers in VoIP, telecommunication companies and universities teaching and conducting research in telecommunications. It will also be of interest to managers needing an in-depth knowledge of the engineering and key issues of this complex technology, and students aspiring to develop a career in this area.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
IMS Multimedia Telephony over Cellular Systems: VoIP Evolution in a Converged Telecommunication World (US $135.00)
-and- Wireless Sensor Networks: Technology, Protocols, and Applications (US $127.00)
Total List Price: US $262.00
Discounted Price: US $196.50 (Save: US $65.50)