A Nurse's Guide to Caring for Cardiac Intervention Patients
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Explanations of what the heart condition is and how the procedure may relieve that condition
- Descriptions of what the patient can expect to happen before, during and after the procedure
- What nurses should observe for post procedure, and how to address any complications that may occur
- Guidelines for discharge advice
- Outlines for a pre and post care plan for each procedure – based on the latest research and experience.
Nurses will find the book informative on common interventional procedures, but it is also designed as a tool to be dipped into when caring for patients with more unusual procedures. This practical book includes chapters on: cardiac catheterisation; percutaneous coronary intervention; percutaneous balloon mitral valvuloplasty; removal of femoral sheaths; cardioversion; temporary and permanent pacemakers.